22.3313, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Asst/Assoc Prof, The Ohio State U

Sat Aug 20 19:04:03 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3313. Sat Aug 20 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3313, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Asst/Assoc Prof, The Ohio State U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 19-Aug-2011
From: Michael White [mwhite at ling.osu.edu]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Statistical Modeling and Machine Learning: Assistant/Associate Professor, The Ohio State University, OH, USA

Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:01:39
From: Michael White [mwhite at ling.osu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3313.html&submissionid=4529882&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The Ohio State University
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: Ohio, USA
Web Address: http://linguistics.osu.edu/
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Statistical Modeling and Machine Learning

The Department of Linguistics at the Ohio State University seeks candidates
for a tenure-track Assistant Professor or tenured Associate Professor
position in computational linguistics, starting Autumn 2012. Candidates
should have a strong background in statistical modeling and machine
learning, but otherwise the area of specialization within computational
linguistics is open. Candidates are expected to have their Ph.D. completed
by the time of the appointment.

The new assistant or associate professor will be expected to be active in
research and publication, to meet standard departmental teaching
requirements and to perform service duties as required by the department
and the university.

Review of applications will begin on December 15, 2011, and will continue
until the position is filled.

Dossiers consisting of a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and
the names of three references should be sent to the application address below.

For questions, please contact Michael White, email address below. For
information about the Computational Linguistics and Language Technology
group and the Department of Linguistics, please visit
http://www.ling.ohio-state.edu/cllt/ and http://linguistics.osu.edu.

The Ohio State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, disabled veterans, and
individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2011 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Michael White
	Computational Linguistics Search Committee
	Dept. of Linguistics, The Ohio State University
	222 Oxley Hall, 1712 Neil Avenue
	Columbus, OH 43210
	USA
Contact Information: