22.3322, Qs: Search for Spanish speakers for an experiment

Mon Aug 22 13:25:30 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3322. Mon Aug 22 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3322, Qs: Search for Spanish speakers for an experiment

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Woo <bwoo at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 18-Aug-2011
From: Markus Ising [markus.ising at uni-tuebingen.de]
Subject: Search for Spanish speakers for an experiment

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 09:24:16
From: Markus Ising [markus.ising at uni-tuebingen.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3322.html&submissionid=4529713&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear Sir or Madam,

My colleague Irmgard de la Vega and I from Tübingen University are
currently working on our PhDs in linguistics and psychology. (For more
details see our projects B4 and C4 within the Collaborative Research
Center at http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/en/research/core-
research/collaborative-research-centers/sfb-833.html )

In this context, we have just finished the design of a language
production experiment, a sentence completion task with a duration of
about 10 to 15 minutes. For this, we are looking for Spanish speaking
people (non-linguists or family members of linguists preferred) who
would like to participate. There is absolutely no restriction of the
participant's nationality, the only necessity being that he/she is a native
speaker of Spanish. In order to thank them for participation, there will
be i-pods and book vouchers raffled among the participants.

The experiment, together with an introduction in Spanish, is available
via the following link:

http://www.lingexp.uni-tuebingen.de/b4/release/demos/probe_info.html

In order not to influence the potential participants, we do not go too
much into research details here. Nevertheless, the latter can be easily
supplied via mail if the linguist list organizers wanted to get them.
We would be very happy if you could post this link on linguist list or
forward it to any person who might be interested.

Of course, we will inform you about the outcome of this research.

Thank you very much in advance! If you have any questions left,
please feel free to contact us via the mail address indicated.

All the best from Tübingen,

Markus Ising
Irmgard de la Vega

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science