22.3412, Jobs: Communication Studies: Asst Professor, Northwestern University

Tue Aug 30 14:26:59 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3412. Tue Aug 30 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3412, Jobs: Communication Studies: Asst Professor, Northwestern University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 22-Aug-2011
From: Ellen Wartella [orgcommsearch2011 at northwestern.edu]
Subject: Communication Studies: Assistant Professor, Northwestern University, IL, USA

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:24:59
From: Ellen Wartella [orgcommsearch2011 at northwestern.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3412.html&submissionid=4530021&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Northwestern University
Department: Communication Studies
Job Location: Illinois, USA
Web Address: http://www.northwestern.edu/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics; Communication Studies

The Department of Communication Studies at Northwestern University seeks
to hire in organizational communication for an appointment beginning
September 1, 2012. The appointment will be either a tenure-track position at
the rank of assistant professor, or, in the case of a truly exceptional
candidate of appropriate experience, a tenured position at the rank of
associate professor. The successful candidate will be expected to publish
innovative research, teach undergraduate and graduate courses, and perform
professional service commensurate with rank.

We welcome applicants from a range of theoretical and methodological
approaches who study either formal or informal organizations, or the process
of organizing more broadly. We are particularly interested in scholars who
study the communicative aspects of distributed work, social movement
processes, innovation, globalization, technological change, virtual worlds, or
organizing processes in healthcare or the creative industries. Potential to
attract external funding is expected. The position includes the opportunity to
teach in a professional master's degree program.

The Department of Communication Studies supports a popular undergraduate
major and graduate programs in Media, Technology, and Society, Interaction
and Social Influence, and Rhetoric and Public Culture, as well as the
interdisciplinary Ph.D. program in Technology and Social Behavior. Through
special resources for research support and scholarly event programming, the
department is able to offer rich opportunities for scholarly development.
School of Communication faculty also can have opportunities during their
career at Northwestern to teach and conduct research at the Northwestern
University campus in Doha, Qatar.

Candidates should send a letter of application, CV, a publication or work in
progress, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and three letters of reference to
the application address below. Review of applications will begin October 1,
2011.

Northwestern University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator
and employer. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.

Organizational Communication Search Chair: Ellen Wartella
Search No. 17812

Application Deadline: 01-Oct-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Ellen Wartella