22.4796, FYI: Survey about Linguistics Learning Outcomes

Thu Dec 1 20:39:43 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4796. Thu Dec 01 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4796, FYI: Survey about Linguistics Learning Outcomes

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Nov-2011
From: Catherine Anderson [canders at mcmaster.ca]
Subject: Survey about Linguistics Learning Outcomes

Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 15:39:26
From: Catherine Anderson [canders at mcmaster.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4796.html&submissionid=4536902&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Dear Linguists,

You are invited to complete a brief survey on Learning Outcomes in
undergraduate Linguistics programs. The survey will take about 15
minutes to complete. I intend to use the results of this survey to
develop a validated Concept Inventory for Linguistics.

There are no known risks to completing this survey. You may skip any
questions you do not want to answer, and you may stop at any time. I
have attached a copy of a letter of information about the study that
gives the full details. This study has been reviewed and cleared by the
McMaster Research Ethics Board. If you any have concerns or
questions about your rights as a participant or about the way the study
is being conducted you can contact:

McMaster Research Ethics Board Secretariat
Telephone: (905) 525-9140 ext. 23142
c/o Office of Research Services
E-mail: ethicsoffice at mcmaster.ca

I thank you for your time and consideration. Please follow the link [
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LinguisticsLearningOutcomes ] to
begin the survey.

Yours sincerely,

Catherine Anderson, Ph.D.
Department of Linguistics and Languages
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
+1-905-525-9140 x26241
canders at mcmaster.ca

Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics