22.4823, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Assistant Professor, University of Memphis

Sat Dec 3 17:33:15 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4823. Sat Dec 03 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4823, Jobs: Cognitive Science: Assistant Professor, University of Memphis

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 02-Dec-2011
From: Max Louwerse [mlouwers at memphis.edu]
Subject: Cognitive Science: Assistant Professor, University of Memphis, TN, USA

Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 12:32:21
From: Max Louwerse [mlouwers at memphis.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4823.html&submissionid=4537034&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Memphis
Department: Psychology
Job Location: Tennessee, USA
Web Address: http://workforum.memphis.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science

The Department of Psychology at the University of Memphis invites
applications for a tenure-track position at the assistant professor level in the
area of cognitive science, and related areas in psychology.

While the specific area of specialization within cognitive psychology is open,
we are particularly interested in candidates whose research investigates
computational models of cognition, intelligent tutoring systems, language,
text and discourse, and cognitive neuroscience. The Department has 35 full-
time faculty and houses Ph.D. programs in experimental, clinical psychology
(APA-accredited and member of the Academy of Psychological Clinical
Science), and school psychology as well as a master's program in general
psychology. As a State of Tennessee Center of Excellence, the Department
is able to provide competitive salaries and strong support for faculty research
and professional development.

Candidates are required to have a doctoral degree in psychology or any
related area. Preference will be given to candidates who have a strong record
of published research, who show strong potential for obtaining external
research support, and who can teach undergraduate and graduate courses in
research design and statistics.

Application review will begin January 13, 2012 and will continue until the
position is filled. Positions will begin in Fall 2012.

To apply, please send letter of interest, curriculum vitae, three letters of
recommendation, and reprints/preprints using the application URL below.
Please contact the Chair of the Search Committee, Dr. Max Louwerse (email
address below), if you have questions or desire further information.

The University of Memphis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, and
persons with disabilities.

Application Deadline: 13-Jan-2012 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://workforum.memphis.edu
Contact Information:
	Dr. Max Louwerse
	Email: mlouwers at memphis.edu