22.4841, Jobs: Psycholinguistics: Assistant Professor, Michigan State University

Mon Dec 5 18:20:53 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4841. Mon Dec 05 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4841, Jobs: Psycholinguistics: Assistant Professor, Michigan State University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 05-Dec-2011
From: Alan Munn [amunn at msu.edu]
Subject: Psycholinguistics: Assistant Professor, Michigan State University, MI, USA

Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:19:37
From: Alan Munn [amunn at msu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4841.html&submissionid=4537172&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Michigan State University
Department: Linguistics and Languages
Job Location: Michigan, USA
Web Address: http://linglang.msu.edu/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Psycholinguistics

The Department of Linguistics and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African
Languages at Michigan State University seeks to fill a tenure-system
appointment in Psycholinguistics at the Assistant Professor level to begin
August 16, 2012. A Ph.D. in Linguistics, Psychology, or a closely related
field is required by time of appointment. Candidates should be able to
demonstrate the relevance of their research interests to other areas of
linguistics, such as phonology, syntax, formal semantics, language
acquisition, sociolinguistics or neurolinguistics. We especially welcome
candidates whose research is crosslinguistic in nature.

This position will complement strengths in formal and experimental
linguistics in the Linguistics Program. The successful candidate should
have a record of publication and/or presentations, expertise in adult
language processing (comprehension or production), and outstanding
potential to obtain external funding. We seek applicants who can contribute
to collaborative research and teaching across subdisciplines within
linguistics and to interdisciplinary research in Cognitive Science. The
position holder will benefit from the interdisciplinary MSU Cognitive Science
Program, which fosters scholarship and research that transcends traditional
disciplinary boundaries in the pursuit of the nature of mind, and provides a
structure for graduate training designed to produce new scholars and
scientists in the field. Contributions to the linguistics curriculum at both the
graduate and undergraduate level are expected, as well as the ability to
teach an introductory course in Cognitive Science.

Review of applications will begin December 31, 2011 and will continue until
the position is filled. For more information contact Alan Munn, Chair of the
Search Committee (email address below). Applications must be submitted
electronically to the Michigan State Human Resources web site (application
URL below; posting #5543). Applicants should submit a CV and a letter
describing research and teaching interests as well as the names and email
addresses of 3 potential referees.

MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. MSU is
committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University
actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of
color, veterans and persons with disabilities.

Application Deadline: 31-Dec-2011 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.msu.edu/
Contact Information:
	Alan Munn
	Email: amunn at msu.edu