22.4909, Jobs: Spanish Linguistics: Assistant Professor (2 Positions), DePaul U

Wed Dec 7 23:19:41 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4909. Wed Dec 07 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4909, Jobs: Spanish Linguistics: Assistant Professor (2 Positions), DePaul U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 06-Dec-2011
From: Nicholas Marotta [nmarotta at depaul.edu]
Subject: Spanish Linguistics: Assistant Professor (2 Positions), DePaul University, IL, USA

Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 18:16:53
From: Nicholas Marotta [nmarotta at depaul.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4909.html&submissionid=4537283&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: DePaul University
Department: Modern Languages
Job Location: Illinois, USA
Web Address: http://www.depaul.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

The Department of Modern Languages at DePaul University invites
applications for two tenure-track positions in Spanish linguistics at the rank of
assistant professor, beginning September 1, 2012. Candidates should have
the PhD in hand by September 2012, native or near-native fluency in Spanish
and English, a strong interest in second-language acquisition, demonstrated
expertise in teaching, and evidence of an active scholarly agenda.
Responsibilities will include teaching courses in Spanish at all levels, Spanish
linguistics, and language pedagogy.

We seek candidates with a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate
education, experience teaching students of diverse cultural backgrounds, and
sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural student population.
Tenure-line faculty participate in advising and committee service and regularly
teach in DePaul's general education, honors, and interdisciplinary programs.
We particularly seek candidates who mirror the diversity of the university and
its surrounding urban community, and we specifically solicit applications from
women, people of color, and individuals from other historically under-
represented groups.

Please electronically submit your CV and cover letter describing your interest
in the position. To apply, click:

http://facultyopportunities.depaul.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=50873

For fullest consideration, all application materials should be posted no later
than December 20, 2011. Preliminary interviews conducted at the MLA
(January 2012) and when necessary by phone. DePaul University is
committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.

Application Deadline: 20-Dec-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://facultyopportunities.depaul.edu
Contact Information:
	Nicholas Marotta