22.4962, FYI: Call: Montreal as a Speech Community Session

Sat Dec 10 17:05:08 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4962. Sat Dec 10 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4962, FYI: Call: Montreal as a Speech Community Session

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Dec-2011
From: Kristin Reinke [reinke at uni-mainz.de]
Subject: Call: Montreal as a Speech Community Session

Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 12:04:56
From: Kristin Reinke [reinke at uni-mainz.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4962.html&submissionid=4537403&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Dear colleagues,

In August 2012, the Freie Universität Berlin will be hosting the next
Sociolinguistics symposium. The general theme of the 19th edition of
this international conference, organized by Matthias Hüning, Uli Reich
et Norbert Dittmar, will be Language and the city.

As always, this symposium will include a large number of thematic
sessions dealing with different issues and topics. We would like to draw
your attention to a thematic session that we will be organizing on the
occasion: Montreal, a francophone, anglophone and multilingual city.
Our goal is to bring together scholars from different disciplinary (i.e.
sociolinguistics, but also anthropology, sociology, etc.) and linguistic
(i.e. people working on French, English or immigrant languages)
backgrounds that are interested in Montreal as a speech community.

The complete description of this thematic session can be found on the
conference website (where you will also find a list of the main topics we
would like to address during the session). If you would like to present a
paper, please submit a proposition through the submission tool used
by the organizers of the conference (once again, this tool is available
on the website). Each proposition will be reviewed by two peers (one of
the organizers of the conference and one of the organizers of the
thematic session).

We are looking forward to reading your submissions and to meeting
you in Berlin in 2012,

Best regards,

Wim Remysen (Université de Sherbrooke;
Wim.Remysen at USherbrooke.ca)
Kristin Reinke (Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz; reinke at uni-
mainz.de)

Thematic session website: http://neon.niederlandistik.fu-
berlin.de/ss19/sessions/100
Conference website: http://www.sociolinguistics-symposium-2012.de/