22.5146, Jobs: Comp Ling: Globalisation Process Expert, euroscript Deutschland

Wed Dec 21 23:52:12 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-5146. Wed Dec 21 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.5146, Jobs: Comp Ling: Globalisation Process Expert, euroscript Deutschland

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 21-Dec-2011
From: Anette Neuhaus [anette.neuhaus at euroscript.de]
Subject: German; English; Computational Linguistics: Globalisation Process Expert, euroscript Deutschland GmbH, Berlin, Germany

Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:51:29
From: Anette Neuhaus [anette.neuhaus at euroscript.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-5146.html&submissionid=4538001&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: euroscript Deutschland GmbH
Department: Processes and Technology
Job Location: Berlin, Germany
Web Address: http://www.euroscript.de
Job Rank: Globalisation Process Expert

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      German (deu)

euroscript International is a leader in providing customers with global
solutions in content lifecycle management. The euroscript divisions deliver
comprehensive solutions that help customers design, build and run
content management operations of all sizes. Thanks to its employees'
expertise in the fields of language services, content and document
management and system integration, euroscript is able to help businesses
around the world to manage content more efficiently.

With a market presence in over 17 countries, euroscript serves customers
in a variety of business sectors including the public sector, aerospace,
defence and transport, manufacturing, life sciences, financial services and
energy and environment.

We are looking for experts in linguistic technology (including but not
limited to, authoring systems, workflow automation, and CAT tools) to join
our global team. The position is based in Berlin, Germany. euroscript
Deutschland GmbH is part of euroscript International S.A.

Your responsibilities:
-  Design and implementation of technology components for euroscript's
internal language services production
-  Analysis of authoring, translation and terminology workflows and tools
both within euroscript and as part of consultancy services for euroscript
customers
-  Evaluation and optimization of such workflows and creation of
recommendations, designs, and consultancy offers for our customers
-  Project Management for internal and external technology projects
-  Permanent monitoring of on-going market, technological and scientific
developments in the area of translation, authoring and process automation

Required:
-  MSc/degree or comparable university degree, preferably in computer
science, computational linguistics, technical authoring, engineering or
similar
-  Broad understanding of tasks, tools and developments in the area of
technical documentation, translation and natural language processing
-  At least five years of professional experience as expert or consultant in
the area of technical documentation and/or translation management
-  Experience in IT project management and methodologies
-  Good communication and presentation skills both in German and
English
-  Ability to write technical documents or offers in German and English
-  Independent, open-minded and proactive
-  Able to work harmoniously with colleagues in an international,
multidisciplinary team, and with a multilingual user community

The following constitute an advantage:
-  Programming experience
-  Familiarity with other EU languages

Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you ready to join an
international, dynamic and goal-oriented environment? If so, please send
us your full application, indicating the reference GPE- -12/2011, to the
following e-mail address: jobapplication at euroscript.de.

Application Deadline: 30-Apr-2012 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	euroscript Deutschland GmbH
	Alt-Moabit 91
	Berlin D-10559