22.564, Jobs: Language Learning Technology, SLA: Staff (Director), American U

Wed Feb 2 20:32:22 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-564. Wed Feb 02 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.564, Jobs: Language Learning Technology, SLA: Staff (Director), American U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 01-Feb-2011
From: Gail Riley [griley at american.edu]
Subject: Language Learning Technology, SLA: Staff (Director of the Center for Language Learning), American University, USA

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 15:30:28
From: Gail Riley [griley at american.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-564.html&submissionid=4494080&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: American University
Department: Language and Foreign Studies
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.american.edu/hr/
Job Rank: Staff (Director of the Center for Language Learning)

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Language Learning Technology; SLA

American University's Department of Language and Foreign Studies in the
College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for the Director of the
Center for Language Learning. This professional, 12 month staff position is
responsible for working with all language faculty to enhance
computer-assisted language learning and instruction, acquiring and
evaluating software and equipment for language learning and translator
training, promoting research in language acquisition, administering all
activities of the Center, and managing its staff and equipment.

Qualifications: Candidates with a Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics and
knowledge of computer-assisted language teaching and research are
preferred; or with comparable qualifications such as a Masters degree in
the same field, and extensive experience with computer-assisted language
learning and instruction methods. Experience with software development is a
plus.

For more information on this position, please visit our website (URL above).

Please apply online at the application URL below. Deadline for applications
is March 15th, 2011. Position to start in August 2011. American University
is an EEO/AA university; women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 15-Mar-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.american.edu/
Contact Information:
	Dr. Gail Riley