22.571, Qs: Survey: Politeness Strategy Patterns

Wed Feb 2 22:13:10 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-571. Wed Feb 02 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.571, Qs: Survey: Politeness Strategy Patterns

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 31-Jan-2011
From: Rehana Mubarak [remu4242 at hotmail.com]
Subject: Survey: Politeness Strategy Patterns

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 17:11:47
From: Rehana Mubarak [remu4242 at hotmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-571.html&submissionid=4493955&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear LINGUIST List subscribers,

At the moment I am working on my Ph.D. project which deals with
linguistic politeness strategy patterns in different non-native and native
varieties of English.

In my thesis I am focussing on e-mail communication in international
customer support contexts and I am aiming at designing a concept
proposal for a dynamic, interactive text editing tool that helps enhance
intercultural awareness and optimize communicative competence.

To elicit patterns for a database I have created a survey and would be
very grateful, if you could take some time (max. 10 minutes) to
participate at this survey by clicking on this link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/linguistics2011

I confirm that the survey and all your data will remain anonymous.

Thank you very much in advance for your highly appreciated
participation. Please, don't hesitate to contact me, if you have any
further questions regarding the project and/or the survey.

Yours sincerely,
Rehana Mubarak

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
                     Discourse Analysis
                     Pragmatics
                     Sociolinguistics
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics