22.587, All: Obituary: Jean-Roger Vergnaud

Thu Feb 3 16:35:59 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-587. Thu Feb 03 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.587, All: Obituary: Jean-Roger Vergnaud

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.cfm

Date: 01-Feb-2011
From: James Higginbotham [higgy at usc.edu]
Subject: Obituary: Jean-Roger Vergnaud

Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 11:33:03
From: James Higginbotham [higgy at usc.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-587.html&submissionid=4494117&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

With the permission of his wife, Professor Maria Luisa Zubizarreta, The
Department of Linguistics of the University of Southern California, with
the deepest of sorrow and regret, announces the passing, 31 January 2011,
of our wonderful colleague, teacher, and friend, Andrew W. Mellon Professor
of the Humanities Jean-Roger Vergnaud, whose contributions to us
individually, and to our subject, will always be remembered.

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable