22.595, Jobs: Computational Ling: Sr Cyber Systems Engineer, Northrop Grumman

Thu Feb 3 20:10:48 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-595. Thu Feb 03 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.595, Jobs: Computational Ling: Sr Cyber Systems Engineer, Northrop Grumman

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Feb-2011
From: Trudy Noble [trudy.noble at ngc.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Sr Cyber Systems Engineer, Northrop Grumman, Maryland, USA

Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 15:09:34
From: Trudy Noble [trudy.noble at ngc.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-595.html&submissionid=4494375&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Northrop Grumman
Job Location: Maryland, USA
Web Address: http://www.careers.northropgrumman.com
Job Rank: Sr Cyber Systems Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Position requires an Active TS/SCI with full scope polygraph.

No relocation package is offered with this opportunity.

Sr Cyber Systems Engineer
Requisition#: 10546104

Join us on the edge- The Cutting Edge!  Northrop Grumman - Essex is a
Market Leader in Developing and Delivering Agile Intelligence Enterprise.

Professional Experience:
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Cyber Systems
Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.  This position
will be located in the Columbia, MD area.

Roles and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will become an integral part of R&D efforts in the
area of textual content analytics research, and will be responsible for
research, implementation, integration, and/or improvements to prototypes in
the areas of: natural language processing, information retrieval/question
answering, content extraction (eg, named entities and relations),
applications of semantics and ontologies, and machine translation.

Basic Qualifications:
MS/MA degree in linguistics, computer science, mathematics, engineering, or
related field with Ph.D. preferred. (a) Seven years experience in natural
language processing with master degree (four years experience with PhD),
(b) Seven years experience in Java, C/C++, and/or Perl, (c) Five years
experience in machine learning, (d) Three years experience working with the
Intelligence Community, (e) Three years experience developing text
processing applications for languages other than English (eg, Arabic,
Chinese, Farsi), (f) TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph.

Desired Skills:
(a) Experience leading software teams and/or research projects, (b)
Experience in Cloud computing applications, such as Hadoop, Map/Reduce, (g)
Experience developing software prototypes in at least three of the
following sub-fields: (1) question answering/information retrieval, (2)
topic discovery/document categorization, (3) ontology and semantics-driven
applications, (4) machine translation, (5) entity extraction, (6) relation
discovery, (7) text summarization/gisting.

WHO WE ARE: NGC/Essex
Market Leaders in Developing and Delivering Agile Intelligence Enterprise
Solutions.

Innovators - Engendering a culture of creativity, investment, and teamwork
to solve the ICs toughest problems.

Leadership Culture - that is delivering the future of management today -
Leadership 2.0
Delivering Growth & Momentum - with a demonstrated ability to continuously
expand our business & market opportunities in partnership with our
employees thereby creating careers that make a difference.

All applicants are considered on the basis of relevant experience, basic
qualifications, expressed interests, training, education, career interests,
and other pertinent factors, regardless of race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or Vietnam-era
veteran status.

Web Address for Applications: http://www.careers.northropgrumman.com
Contact Information:
	Trudy Noble