22.622, Jobs: Swedish Syntax; Swedish as a 2nd Lang: Lecturer, U of Amsterdam

Mon Feb 7 14:50:55 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-622. Mon Feb 07 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.622, Jobs: Swedish Syntax; Swedish as a 2nd Lang: Lecturer, U of Amsterdam

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 07-Feb-2011
From: Henk van der Liet [H.A.vanderliet at uva.nl]
Subject: Swedish Syntax; Swedish as a Second Language: Lecturer & PhD Researcher ('Docent Promovendus'), University of Amsterdam, Netherlands

Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 09:49:24
From: Henk van der Liet [H.A.vanderliet at uva.nl]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-622.html&submissionid=4495156&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Amsterdam
Department: Faculty of Humanities
Job Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.hum.uva.nl/aclc-about/home.cfm
Job Rank: Lecturer & PhD Researcher ("Docent Promovendus")

Specialty Areas: Syntax; Swedish as a Second Language

Required Language(s): Swedish (swe)

The University of Amsterdam is offering a combined position of lecturer and
PhD researcher in the area of Swedish Linguistics. The successful candidate
will combine two positions, that of lecturer and of PhD researcher. As a
lecturer you will teach Swedish as a second language and courses on Swedish
syntax. As a researcher you will carry out a PhD project in the field of
the syntax of Swedish on the basis of a PhD proposal that you have to
submit as part of the application procedure. Guidelines for a research
proposal may be found on the website of the Amsterdam Center for Language
and Communication (ACLC) http://www.hum.uva.nl/aclc-vacancies. The position
is a temporary one. The initial contract is for a year, and when progress
is satisfactory will be prolonged for another four years. For more
information see
http://www.uva.nl/vacatures/vacatures.cfm/748829B7-8E28-44EA-9AAF364AD16DF3B8.
Note that (near) native knowledge of both Dutch and Swedish is desirable.

Vacancy number: W11-012

Application Deadline: 11-Mar-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	prof.dr J.F.T.M. van Dijck