22.648, Support: General Linguistics: PhD Student, U. of Manchester, UK

Tue Feb 8 21:59:57 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-648. Tue Feb 08 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.648, Support: General Linguistics: PhD Student, U. of Manchester, UK

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Feb-2011
From: Martina Faller [m.faller at manchester.ac.uk]
Subject: General Linguistics: PhD Student, The University of Manchester, United Kingdom

Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 16:59:04
From: Martina Faller [m.faller at manchester.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-648.html&submissionid=4495458&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: The University of Manchester
Department: Linguistics and English Language
Web Address: http://www.llc.manchester.ac.uk/subjects/lel/

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

The Department of Linguistics and English Language at the University of
Manchester expects to offer one AHRC Doctoral Studentship to a student starting
on PhD research in September 2011. The award covers full-time fees and
maintenance for three years and can be used for study in any of the areas of
linguistics in which we offer
supervision.  Interested applicants are advised to consult our departmental
webpages for potential supervisors' areas of interest:

http://www.llc.manchester.ac.uk/subjects/lel/

Interested applicants should submit their applications for doctoral study online by
15 February 2011, starting from the following link:

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/postgraduate/howtoapply/

AHRC applications should arrive to the Postgraduate Office of the School of
Languages, Linguistics and Cultures by 1 March 2011 either by post or email (see
mailing address below).

Applications received after this deadline will still be considered for acceptance to
the programme but will be ineligible for AHRC funding.  Applicants are strongly
advised to make contact with potential supervisors in advance of the deadlines.
Questions regarding the application process can be directed to Ms Amanda
Matthews at the above address.

Note that only UK and EU students are eligible for the AHRC awards.

Potential students are additionally advised that we will also be offering a number of
other funding awards for outstanding PhD candidates, including international
students. For details please see our funding page at:

http://www.llc.manchester.ac.uk/postgraduate/funding/

Application Deadline: 15-Feb-2011

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Attn: Ms Amanda Mathews
	School of Languages, Linguistics, and Cultures, The University of Manchester
	Oxford Road
	Manchester M13 9PL
	United Kingdom

Web Address for Applications: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/postgraduate/howtoapply/