22.672, Jobs: Laboratory Phonology: Lecturer, Rice University

Wed Feb 9 18:14:26 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-672. Wed Feb 09 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.672, Jobs: Laboratory Phonology: Lecturer, Rice University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 08-Feb-2011
From: Nancy Niedzielski [niedz at rice.edu]
Subject: Laboratory Phonology: Lecturer, Rice University, TX, USA

Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 13:08:44
From: Nancy Niedzielski [niedz at rice.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-672.html&submissionid=4495555&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Rice University
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Texas, USA
Web Address: http://linguistics.rice.edu
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology; Laboratory Phonology

The Department of Linguistics at Rice University is now accepting
applications for a lecturer position in laboratory phonology and phonetics.
The successful applicant will be asked to teach courses in both of these
areas, an introductory linguistics course, and may teach additional courses
in his or her subject area. This is a one-year appointment, and the course
load is four courses for that year. Deadline for receipt of applications is
March 25, 2011. Ph.D. is required by time of appointment; position start
date is July 1, 2011.

We especially welcome applications from researchers who share the
department's interest in approaching language from a usage-based
perspective with solid empirical grounding in primary data, especially
approaches of a cognitive, social-interactional, and/or functional nature.
See also our departmental web site at the URL above.

Application materials include: cover letter, CV, teaching statement, sample
of written work, and names and contact information for three references.
Past teaching evaluations and/or information about course topics the
applicant could teach are also welcome but not required at this time.

Rice University is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity in
education and employment. Rice does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age,
disability or veteran status. Rice University is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Application Deadline: 25-Mar-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee
	Department of Linguistics MS-23