22.707, Jobs: Comp Ling: Comp Linguist - MT Customization, Lionbridge

Fri Feb 11 22:18:56 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-707. Fri Feb 11 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.707, Jobs: Comp Ling: Comp Linguist - MT Customization, Lionbridge

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-Feb-2011
From: Jeanne Fagone [jeanne.fagone at lionbridge.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist - MT Customization, Lionbridge Technologies, Massachusetts, USA

Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:06:40
From: Jeanne Fagone [jeanne.fagone at lionbridge.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-707.html&submissionid=4495696&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Lionbridge Technologies
Department: Machine Translation
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://lionbridge.com
Job Rank: Computational Linguist - MT Customization

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Please apply at the listed application URL.

Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: LIOX) is a provider of translation,
development and testing solutions. Lionbridge combines global resources
with proven program management methodologies to serve as an outsource
partner throughout a client's product and content lifecycle - from
development to translation, testing and maintenance. Global organizations
rely on Lionbridge services to increase international market share, speed
adoption of global products and content, and enhance their return on
enterprise applications and IT system investments. Based in Waltham, Mass.,
Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 26 countries and provides services
under the Lionbridge and VeriTest brands. To learn more, visit our website.

We are searching for a highly intelligent and driven individual to join a
new group at Lionbridge whose goal is nothing less than to revolutionize
the way corporations communicate in a fully connected, global world.  In
the position of Computational Linguist, MT Customization, this individual
will work closely with languages and cutting-edge technology to customize
automated translation engines for our customers. A strong candidate will
love language, be truly fluent in English and at least one other language,
have an eye for detail, a penchant for technology, and a passion to satisfy
even the most demanding customers.

Responsibilities:

The computational linguist will join a growing and dynamic team that is
responsible for customizing the output of a leading statistical machine
translation (SMT) engine for customers. Responsibilities will include:
-Creating training material through collecting, cleansing, and organization
of bilingual corpora
-Running the training routines of the SMT system
-Creating test beds for evaluating output
-Running of evaluation programs to track improvements in output
-Measuring improvements against customer requirements
-Tracking and communicating progress against plan dates
-Providing clear communication to management on the status of projects
-Keeping up to date with technology developments

Requirements:
-4+ years of experience with automated translation software
-MUST be fluent in English and at least one foreign language
-Familiarity with core concepts of statistical machine translation
-Strong understanding of automated and manual testing methods
-Excellent grasp of grammar and the ability to describe linguistic
phenomenon with precision
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Excellent project management skills
-Ability to work independently as well as with teams
-Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
-Passion for excellence and exceeding the customer's expectations
-Creative thinking
-Experience with Linux and Shell editors would be a plus
-Experience with writing and running Perl scripts would be a substantial plus!
-Knowledge of additional languages would be a substantial plus!
-Chinese fluency strongly desired!
-5% travel

Education:
Bachelors degree or higher in linguistics, computational linguistics, or
modern languages

Lionbridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified
candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation,
marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.

Web Address for Applications: http://lionbridge.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=4682&CurrentPage=1
Contact Information:
	Senior Corporate Recruiter Jeanne Fagone
	Email: jeanne.fagone at lionbridge.com
	Phone: 978-964-4417