22.780, Jobs: Various Langs & Computational Ling: Programmer, The Lingua Team

Wed Feb 16 15:47:05 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-780. Wed Feb 16 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.780, Jobs: Various Langs & Computational Ling: Programmer, The Lingua Team

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Feb-2011
From: Avelino Garcia [avelino at thelinguateam.com]
Subject: English; Spanish; Japanese; French & Computational Linguistics: Programmer, The Lingua Team

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:42:46
From: Avelino Garcia [avelino at thelinguateam.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-780.html&submissionid=4496315&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The Lingua Team
Web Address: http://www.thelinguateam.com
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Speech and NLP technologies

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      French (fra)
                      Japanese (jpn)
                      Spanish (spa)

We are looking for a computational linguist or experienced programmer able
to do some basic programming, understand at least one programming language
and perform tasks such as writing regular expressions and grammars. The
successful candidate should be able to author TN+GL rules, run simple
scripts and work with different tools such as <ex>. You must also be able
to make check-ins in Source Depot and enlistments.

Experience should include previous work with computational grammars and
language technology. We require:

-Master's degree in Computational Linguistics
-Fluent English, written and spoken
-Knowledge of a third language is important
-Can perform programming tasks such as writing regular expressions and
grammars.

Please email resumes to the application email address listed below.

Application Deadline: 01-Apr-2011

Email Address for Applications: info at thelinguateam.com
Contact Information:
	Avelino Garcia