22.811, Jobs: English& Comp Ling: Developer/Computational Linguist, OpenAmplify

Fri Feb 18 10:51:45 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-811. Fri Feb 18 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.811, Jobs: English& Comp Ling: Developer/Computational Linguist, OpenAmplify

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-Feb-2011
From: Michael Petit [mike.petit at hapax.com]
Subject: English & Computational Linguistics: Developer/Computational Linguist, OpenAmplify, Maryland, USA

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 05:50:34
From: Michael Petit [mike.petit at hapax.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-811.html&submissionid=4497336&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: OpenAmplify
Department: Development
Job Location: Maryland, USA
Web Address: http://www.openamplify.com
Job Rank: Developer/Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Required Language(s): English (eng)

OPENAMPLIFY: THE MEANING PLATFORM

OpenAmplify is the world's first and most advanced service of its kind. Our
multi-patented NLP technology leads the field, and the OpenAmplify API
permits thousands of developers and commercial customers to simply submit a
text and receive an XML document detailing its meaning: the topics, likes
and dislikes, intentions and timeframes, requests for and offers of advice,
and much more. Industries from online advertising to eGovernment and
everywhere in between are analyzing millions of texts daily using
OpenAmplify. This is truly the cutting edge of computational linguists and
NLP development. We push the envelope every day here.

Do you have computational linguistics and computer science skills and a
drive to do something special? Would you like to apply those skills to the
most exciting of challenges, in a totally fresh, take-no-prisoners small
company that's growing fast? We offer a wonderful, informal work
environment in Annapolis, MD on the Chesapeake Bay, with competitive
salaries and benefits, and some unique perks like a company boat, Navy
Football season tickets and more. Working at OpenAmplify is rewarding and
fun, and our future looks bright. All we need is the very best people to
keep our edge and extend our lead.

We have open positions for developers and computational linguists. You'll
join a team of 18 located in Maryland, London and Sweden, with sales
offices opening in both New York and San Francisco soon. We're growing, and
fast; grow with us!

Our philosophy about team-building is simple: we want smart, hard-driving
people that work hard and learn fast. We don't expect you to walk in here
knowing it all, but we do expect you to come up the learning curve fast and
chip in.

If you've been looking for an opportunity that's a little different, that's
focused on something truly important, that doesn't hire cogs in wheels, and
that has limitless horizons, then we're a natural for you. Are you a
natural for us? Let's talk it over.

Email Address for Applications: careers at openamplify.com
Contact Information:
	Co-founder and CIO Michael Petit