22.903, Jobs: Theoretical Ling; Syntax/Semantics: Full Prof, Queen Mary U

Wed Feb 23 18:43:54 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-903. Wed Feb 23 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.903, Jobs: Theoretical Ling; Syntax/Semantics: Full Prof, Queen Mary U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 21-Feb-2011
From: David Adger [d.j.adger at qmul.ac.uk]
Subject: Theoretical Linguistics; Syntax/Semantics Interface: Full Professor, Queen Mary University of London, United Kingdom

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:42:20
From: David Adger [d.j.adger at qmul.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-903.html&submissionid=4498456&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Queen Mary University of London
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.sllf.qmul.ac.uk
Job Rank: Full Professor

Specialty Areas: Semantics; Syntax; Theoretical Linguistics

As part of Queen Mary, University of London's strategic investment in
Humanities and Social Sciences, applications are invited from scholars of
international distinction for a Professorial appointment in Linguistics.
The successful candidate will have proven research leadership in
theoretical linguistics with a focus on syntax and semantics, a strong
international profile, and an outstanding record of publications that have
had an impact on the field.

The post is full time and permanent starting from September 2011. The
appointment will be made on the Professorial scale. Competitive
remuneration packages are negotiable with the Principal. Benefits include
30 days annual leave, final salary pension scheme and interest-free season
ticket loan.

Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK
in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where
required this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain
under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.

Informal enquiries should be addressed to Professor David Adger at
d.j.adger at qmul.ac.uk.

Further details about the School can be found at the URL above.

Further details about the post, and an application form can be found at the
application URL below.

Completed application forms, quoting 11034/AW, should be returned, together
with a cover letter and eight copies of your CV preferably in hard copy to
the application address below or by e-mail to sllf at qmul.ac.uk.

The closing date for applications is 4 pm on Thursday 31 March 2011.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 24 May 2011.

Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	The Recruitment Administrator
	School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
	Queen Mary University of London
	Mile End Road
	London E1 4NS
	United Kingdom