22.943, Jobs: Japanese Language: Visiting Asst Prof/Instructor, Colby College

Fri Feb 25 19:10:17 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-943. Fri Feb 25 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.943, Jobs: Japanese Language: Visiting Asst Prof/Instructor, Colby College

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 25-Feb-2011
From: Ankeney Weitz [aweitz at colby.edu]
Subject: Japanese Language: Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor, Colby College, ME, USA

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:08:50
From: Ankeney Weitz [aweitz at colby.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-943.html&submissionid=4499235&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Colby College
Department: East Asian Studies
Job Location: Maine, USA
Web Address: http://www.colby.edu/
Job Rank: Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Japanese (jpn)

Colby College seeks applicants for a one-year position as Visiting
Assistant Professor or Instructor in East Asian Studies (Japanese
Language), beginning September 1, 2011. The teaching responsibilities will
be five courses: intermediate and upper level Japanese language classes and
one course in his/her area of expertise (either an additional language
class or an area studies course). Desired qualifications include Ph.D. (MA
required) in Japanese language, anthropology, literature, or related area,
native or near native fluency in Japanese and English, and prior teaching
experience at the college level.

Please send a cover letter, resume, statement of teaching philosophy and
research interests, three letters of recommendation, and a graduate
transcript to the address below. Interviews will be held at the AAS
conference in Honolulu. Review of applications will begin on March 15, 2011
and continue until the position is filled. Colby is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through
diversity, and strongly encourages applications and nominations of persons
of color, women, and members of other under-represented groups. For more
information about the College, please visit the Colby Web site, URL above.

Application Deadline: 15-Mar-2011 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee, Japanese Position
	Department of East Asian Studies
	Colby College