22.14, Jobs: English & Int'l Cultural Studies: Full Prof, U of Mannheim

Tue Jan 4 19:04:26 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-14. Tue Jan 04 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.14, Jobs: English & Int'l Cultural Studies:  Full Prof, U of Mannheim

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 27-Dec-2010
From: Johannes Müller-Lancé [ihess at rumms.uni-mannheim.de]
Subject: English & International Cultural Studies, General Linguistics: Full Prof, University of Mannheim, Germany

Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 14:02:25
From: Johannes Müller-Lancé [ihess at rumms.uni-mannheim.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-14.html&submissionid=3797055&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Mannheim
Department: Anglistik
Job Location: Mannheim, Germany
Web Address: http://www.anglistik.uni-mannheim.de/startseite/index.html
Job Rank: Full Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; International Cultural Studies

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Faculty of Philosophy at the University of Mannheim invites applications
for a temporary Professorship (W3) in International Cultural Studies with a
teaching load of 10-12 hours per week. The position is a limited-term
appointment and ends January 31, 2015.

The postholder is expected to be able to teach lectures and seminars in
English that encompass topics and fields relevant for cultural studies and
that include interdisciplinary approaches and problems. The postholder is also
expected to develop and conceptualise a sustained programme for
international cultural studies that primarily aims at students of the
interdisciplinary BA program "Culture and Economics".

Applicants are expected to represent their respective fields in the context of
current discourses of cultural theory in research and teaching and should
have a research focus and/or teaching experience in at least one of the
following areas of interest:

-Intercultural encounters and postcolonial constellations
-Globalization and cultural theory
-Intercultural communication
-Business/society/culture and the media

Employment is conditional on an outstanding PhD dissertation in English
studies, American studies or linguistics and additional academic
achievements, i.e. a second thesis ('Habilitation') or equivalent academic
qualifications. The latter could also have been obtained outside academia.
We refer applicants to the requirements of Section 47 LHG of the federal
state of Baden-Württemberg for details. The position is full-time and
temporary.

The University of Mannheim is dedicated to student mentoring and expects
the candidate to be present on campus regularly and to move to the
Mannheim area. As an equal opportunity employer, the University strives to
increase the proportion of female staff in research and teaching. We
particularly encourage qualified women to apply. Severely challenged persons
will be given preference in case of equal qualifications.

Please send your application including a CV, copies of degrees, a list of
publications and teaching experience as a pdf-file. Please address your
application to the Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy at the University of
Mannheim, Prof. Dr. Johannes Müller-Lancé (see email address below) by
January, 31, 2011.

Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2011

Email Address for Applications: ihess at rumms.uni-mannheim.de
Contact Information: