22.25, Jobs: Indo-European & Historical Ling: Researcher, U of Oslo, Norway

Tue Jan 4 20:34:55 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-25. Tue Jan 04 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.25, Jobs: Indo-European & Historical Ling: Researcher, U of Oslo, Norway

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 22-Dec-2010
From: Dag Trygve Truslew Haug [daghaug at ifikk.uio.no]
Subject: Greek, Ancient; Latin & Indo-European & Historical Linguistics, Pragmatics, Semantics, Text/Corpus Linguistics: Researcher, University of Oslo, Norway

Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 15:32:03
From: Dag Trygve Truslew Haug [daghaug at ifikk.uio.no]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-25.html&submissionid=3796575&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Oslo
Department: IFIKK
Job Location: Oslo, Norway
Web Address: http://www.hf.uio.no/ifikk/proiel
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics; Pragmatics; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): Greek, Ancient (grc)
                      Latin (lat)
                      Indo-European

A researcher position (SKO 1109) is available for one year in the project
PROIEL - "Pragmatic Resources in Old Indo-European Languages' at the
Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas.

PROIEL is funded by the Norwegian Research Council's YFF-program, and
has been running since January 1st, 2008. Its principal goal is to achieve a
better understanding of the way information is structured by means the
grammar makes available ('pragmatic resources') in the old Indo-European
languages Greek, Latin, Classical Armenian, Gothic and Old Church
Slavonic. To facilitate the study, we have built up a sophisticated electronic
corpus with markup for morphology, syntax, information structure and more.

More information is available at  PROIEL.

Requirements:

    *PhD degree in one of the relevant languages or in linguistics
    *The candidate will conduct research on one or more of the involved
languages, and should also be able to relate to the Greek original text. In
choosing the candidate for this and the other positions, we will aim at
achieving coverage of the relevant languages.
    * The candidate will be expected to have his/her work place in Oslo and to
participate in the various workshops and conferences organized as part of
PROIEL. An important part of the project is the establishment and
improvement of the electronic corpus. The candidate will be expected to
devote some of his/her time to this work.

Requested Qualifications and Personal Skills:

    * Experience with the use of corpora is an advantage
    * Good teamwork skills, experience from collaboration across established
disciplines and initiative to joint activities
    * Motivation for the post

We offer:

    * Salary level 57 - 64 (NOK 448.400- 510.200, depending on the level of
expertise
    * A stimulating working environment
    * Attractive welfare arrangements

Submissions

Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic
application:

    * Letter of application
    * List of publications
    * Curriculum Vitae including grades
    * Project description (no more than 2500 words) describing the candidate's
intended contribution to PROIEL
    * Writing sample (total word limit: 10 000)

We also ask all applicants to send in the names of two references.

As a general rule an interview will be part of the assessment process.

An application committee will invite selected candidates to submit
educational certificates and scientific works for further assessment.

Application Deadline: 01-Feb-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://uio.easycruit.com/vacancy/479516/62040?iso=no
Contact Information:
	Dag Trygve Truslew Haug