22.28, Jobs: Various Langs & NLP, Comp Ling: Linguist, Clarabridge, VA, USA

Tue Jan 4 20:53:31 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-28. Tue Jan 04 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.28, Jobs: Various Langs & NLP, Comp Ling:  Linguist, Clarabridge, VA, USA

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 04-Jan-2011
From: Kathe Yamagata [kathe.yamagata at clarabridge.com]
Subject: Chinese, Mandarin; English; Portuguese; German, Standard; French & Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; General Linguistics: Linguist, Clarabridge, VA, USA

Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 15:50:48
From: Kathe Yamagata [kathe.yamagata at clarabridge.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-28.html&submissionid=3797862&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Clarabridge
Department: Engineering
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.clarabridge.com
Job Rank: Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
                      English (eng)
                      French (fra)
                      German, Standard (deu)
                      Portuguese (por)

Interested in joining a rapidly growing Venture Capital backed emerging
company? Then look no further than Clarabridge. Our goal is to help our
clients fully access their 'Voice of the Customer' intelligence - and leverage
that information to their strategic and financial advantage.  By bridging the
gap between their customers' experience and our clients' brand promise, we
provide a unique portal into the human dimension of our clients' businesses.
With this insight, our clients gain the strategic edge in serving their
customers, controlling costs and risk, competing resourcefully and building
profitability.

Clarabridge's award-winning software links the worlds of text mining, search
and business intelligence (BI) to enable enterprises to more quickly and
intuitively leverage all of their data—internal and external, structured and
unstructured-to make better business decisions. Clarabridge's Content Mining
Platform? is the first text mining solution to work seamlessly with standard
BI applications, tools and techniques.

We are seeking a Linguist interested in joining a rapidly growing organization.
The Linguist will work closely with our NLP Team in researching and
developing lexica and grammars specific to various languages ("Language
Packs") that will be used for various NLP tasks. She/he will be expected to
contribute substantive insight/action with regard to developing language
packs and must have a keen eye for understanding the end-user experience.

Specific responsibilities include:
-  Research specific languages for their lexical, morphological, and
grammatical structures
-  Develop original lexicons and reformat acquired lexicons
-  Create grammatical rules using the research done above or other sources
-  Analyze results from the system for mistakes and plan for improvement
-  Willingness to focus research and development of Language Packs on
meeting the end-user's needs

Qualifications:
-  Strong understanding and experience mapping out the lexical,
morphological, and grammatical structures of languages that are unfamiliar to
you
-  Experience and familiarity with grammatical formalisms and NLP systems
-  Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills in English
-  Strong project management skills
-  Basic computer skills (Windows) a MUST
-  Experience with SQL and data warehousing a plus
-  Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.) a plus
-  Familiarity with various Indo-European languages a plus
•  Familiarity with various Asian languages a plus

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Vice President Human Capital Kathe Yamagata
	11400 Commerce Part Dr.
	Reston, VA 20191
	USA
Email Address for Applications: kathe.yamagata at clarabridge.com
Web Address for Applications: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA4/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CLARABRIDGE&cws=2&rid=106
Contact Information:
	Vice President Human Capital Kathe Yamagata
	Email: kathe.yamagata at clarabridge.com
	Phone: 5712991880
	Fax: 5712991805

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/