22.45, Jobs: English & Cognitive Sci: Assoc Prof, U of Texas at Arlington, USA

Wed Jan 5 04:16:45 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-45. Tue Jan 04 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.45, Jobs: English & Cognitive Sci: Assoc Prof, U of Texas at Arlington, USA

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Dec-2010
From: Cecilia Garcia-Blizzard [mbe at uta.edu]
Subject: English & Cognitive Science: Assoc Professor, University of Texas at Arlington, TX, USA

Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 23:15:42
From: Cecilia Garcia-Blizzard [mbe at uta.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-45.html&submissionid=3796595&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Texas at Arlington
Department: Department of Curriculum & Instruction
Job Location: Texas, USA
Web Address: http://www.uta.edu/coehp/mind-brain
Job Rank: Associate Professor

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Department of Curriculum and Instruction in the College of Education and
Health Professions at the University of Texas at Arlington invites applications
for the tenure-track faculty position of Associate Professor in Mind Brain and
Education to begin in August, 2011.

Requirements include an earned Doctorate in Education or related field. We
seek candidates who have a strong interest and ability to relate research to
practice, a practical and theoretical understanding of current models and tools
in the cognitive and/or neurosciences, and can contribute to the emerging
field of Mind, Brain and Education (MBE).  Successful candidates must have
an established record of scholarly research, grant proposal writing, and
successful college teaching.

Responsibilities include conducting and disseminating research in the field of
MBE, obtaining grants to support research and scholarly activities,
developing and teaching courses in the new Masters in MBE, advising
graduate students, and providing service to the profession.

The search committee will begin reviewing applications on Nov 30, 2010, and
will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should send (1) their
curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter describing their research and teaching
interests, (3) two examples of their work, and (4) a list of four individuals who
can write letters of recommendation upon request.  We prefer all materials be
sent as PDF files to the email address listed below.  Alternatively, requested
materials may be sent to the address listed below.

UT Arlington, one of the largest of the 15 institutions in The University of
Texas System, is a Research University/High Activity institution with more
than 30,000 students including 6,000 graduate students in 34 doctoral
programs and 75 master's programs. UT Arlington, located in the heart of the
Dallas/Forth Worth Metroplex, is a world-class institution attracting students
from around the globe. The College of Education and Health Professions is
NCATE-accredited, and is known for program excellence in PK-12 Teaching
and Learning, Science and Mathematics Education, Bilingual Education,
Educational Leadership, and Kinesiology. UT Arlington is also home to the
Southwest Center for Mind, Brain, and Education.

This is a security sensitive position, and a criminal background check will be
conducted on finalists. The University of Texas at Arlington is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age,
disability, veteran status or sexual orientation in employment or in the
provision of services. Effective August 1, 2011, the use of tobacco products
by students, faculty, staff, and visitors are prohibited on all UT Arlington
properties.

Application Deadline: 01-Mar-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Cecilia Garcia-Blizzard
	Box 19545
	701 Planetarium Place, Hammond Hall #417
	Arlington, TX 76019-0545
	USA
Email Address for Applications: mbe at uta.edu
Web Address for Applications: http://www.uta.edu/hr/eos/faculty-search/opportunities.php
Contact Information:
	Administrative Assistant Cecilia Garcia-Blizzard
	Email: mbe at uta.edu
	Phone: 817-272-0526
	Fax: 817-272-9424