22.51, All: Visit LINGUIST at LSA 2011

Wed Jan 5 15:56:33 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-51. Wed Jan 05 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.51, All: Visit LINGUIST at LSA 2011

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.cfm

Date: 05-Jan-2011
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Visit LINGUIST at LSA 2011

Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 10:51:27
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-51.html&submissionid=3798059&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

The LINGUIST List is looking forward to meeting with everyone attending the 2011
Annual Meeting of LSA in Pittsburgh! This year, we will be presenting our
current projects at several events, highlighting our progress on the
NSF-sponsored LL-MAP project (Language and Location:  A Map Annotation Project).

If you are interested in hearing more about the LL-MAP project and about using
its new features, we invite you to our LL-MAP symposium, which will take place
in the Grand Ballroom 4 of the conference hotel on Saturday, January 8 from
9:00AM to 10:30AM.  LL-MAP Team Members will also be presenting a tutorial on
language mapping at the poster session on Sunday, January 9 from 9:00AM to 12:00
Noon in the Grand Ballroom Foyer.

For anyone who would like to speak with editors and project members to learn
more about The LINGUIST List, we will be holding office hours in the Kings
Terrace Room. Our office hours this year are:

Friday January 7:  2:00PM - 3:00PM
Saturday January 8:  2:00PM - 3:00PM

In the Kings Terrace Room, LINGUIST will also have an information session for
publishers from 1:00PM to 2:00PM on Saturday, January 9. Here you can learn
about the process of publishing on LINGUIST,  as well as enjoy some donuts.

We truly hope you will visit us during these events to learn more about
LINGUIST, ask questions, or offer suggestions to us. We are grateful for your
ongoing support and feedback.

See you at the conference!

The LINGUIST List

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable