22.112, Jobs: German & Pragmatics: Assoc Prof, Friedrich-Schiller-Universit ät

Fri Jan 7 20:57:47 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-112. Fri Jan 07 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.112, Jobs: German & Pragmatics: Assoc Prof, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Jan-2011
From: Udo Hahn [udo.hahn at uni-jena.de]
Subject: German, Standard & Text/Corpus Linguistics, Pragmatics: Assoc Prof, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Jena, Germany

Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 15:56:15
From: Udo Hahn [udo.hahn at uni-jena.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-112.html&submissionid=3798336&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
Department: Department of German Linguistics
Job Location: Jena, Thuringia, Germany
Web Address: http://www.sprachwissenschaft.uni-jena.de/
Job Rank: Associate Professor

Specialty Areas: Pragmatics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): German, Standard (deu)

The Faculty of Philosophy at the Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena
(Germany) invites applications for

Professor (W2) for German Linguistics
with specialization in text linguistics and pragmatics

The successful applicant will be expected to teach at the undergraduate
level, supervise graduate students and develop a research program with
international visibility and impact. The successful applicant will teach in
teacher training courses, as well as in the Bachelor and Master programs
run by the Institute of German Linguistics (German Studies, German
Linguistics and Linguistics). Experience in attracting external funding and
grants are considered to be a major asset.

Applicants must have a German habilitation or an equivalent record of high
quality publications as well as teaching experience.

The Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena strives to increase the
proportion of female professors, and therefore welcomes the application of
suitably qualified women. Disabled persons will be given preference, if
equally qualified.

An initial appointment to the post of a professor is generally temporary
(six years), but a permanent position can be negotiated in the case of a
particularly strong application.

Applications including a CV, a list of publications and courses being
taught, a record of external funding as well as copies of degree
certificates are to be sent by January 24, 2011 at the latest to the
address below.

Application Deadline: 24-Jan-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dekan der Philosophischen Faku