22.185, Jobs: Arabic; Urdu & Translation: Analyst, Blackbird Technologies

Tue Jan 11 18:18:18 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-185. Tue Jan 11 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.185, Jobs: Arabic; Urdu & Translation: Analyst, Blackbird Technologies

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Jan-2011
From: Denise Ward [recruiting at blackbirdtech.com]
Subject: Arabic, Standard; Urdu & Translation: Senior Language Analyst, Blackbird Technologies, Inc., VA, USA

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:17:01
From: Denise Ward [recruiting at blackbirdtech.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-185.html&submissionid=3798835&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Blackbird Technologies, Inc.
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.blackbirdtech.com
Job Rank: Senior Language Analyst

Specialty Areas: Translation

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
                      Urdu (urd)

Blackbird Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking Senior Language Analysts
to support customer programs in Northern Virginia. As part of a team, the
Senior Language Analyst will engage in academic and philosophical
discussion while translating foreign language discussions into English.

Currently looking for Analyst with the following languages: African-French,
Arabic, Dari, Pashto and Urdu.

The Senior Language Analyst will provide an understanding of the specific
geographic region through maintenance of social, academic or business
contacts; through the reading and understanding of native-language
publications; and/or through open-source research. Successful applicants
must be able to analyze foreign language documents from a contextual and
content approach and must be able to prepare professional quality reports
within short timelines suitable for distribution to senior level corporate
and customer executives.

The ideal candidate will be expected to work cohesively as part of a team
of regionally-oriented analysts to monitor and analyze regional topics. The
candidate may also be responsible for conducting research as related to the
successful translation and understanding of conversations, documents, etc.
The successful candidate will possess native-level fluency and have expert
level skills in translation for time-sensitive products.

Blackbird employs creative, technical thinkers. The ideal candidate will
share these qualities.

Required Skills/Education:
-5+ years as a Language Analyst supporting US Government programs
-Native level proficiency of specific Language and culture
-Must possess excellent command of the English language, both verbal and
written
-Must possess the ability to analyze and dissect academic texts
-Must work well both individually and in a team environment
-Must be a self-starter
-Exceptional knowledge of current world events
-Ability to conduct independent research and familiarity with Open-Source
research and analysis
-Must have the ability to identify, analyze and provide written summaries
of diverse problem sets, such as economics, politics, defense, religion or
culture
-Strong skills in computer-based applications such as MS Word, MS
PowerPoint, MS Excel
-Qualified applicants must be prepared to complete a translation test at
the time of the interview.

-Special Project Access—eligibility may require additional security processing.

Please visit our website at the URL given below to apply online.

Blackbird Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  We are
committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most
qualified employees without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability,
citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited
by state, local or federal law.

Application Deadline: 01-Jul-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Recruiting Manager Denise Ward