22.216, Jobs: Lang/Literacy Education: Chair, National Institute of Education

Thu Jan 13 22:53:31 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-216. Thu Jan 13 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.216, Jobs: Lang/Literacy Education: Chair, National Institute of Education

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 11-Jan-2011
From: Suat Khoh Lim-Teo [suatkhoh.teo at nie.edu.sg]
Subject: General Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, or Language/Literacy Education: Chair, National Institute of Education, Singapore

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 17:48:10
From: Suat Khoh Lim-Teo [suatkhoh.teo at nie.edu.sg]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-216.html&submissionid=3799095&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: National Institute of Education
Department: English Language & Literature
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Web Address: http://nie.edu.sg
Job Rank: Chair of Department

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Language/Literacy Education

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The National Institute of Education (NIE), Nanyang Technological
University, Singapore invites applications for the position of Department
Chair of English Language and Literature. We are seeking an individual with
strong leadership skills, an established research program, and a
professional ethos consistent with NIE's vision to be a leading teacher
education institute internationally, who will build on the department's
record of excellence in teaching and scholarship in research.

This is a full-time faculty position at the Associate Professor or
Professor level. Remuneration and rank are commensurate with qualifications
and experience.

We are seeking an active scholar who can provide leadership, make
significant contributions to the teaching, research and service missions of
NIE. Candidates must have a strong publication record and academic work
experience that would qualify for tenure and appointment at the Associate
Professor level or above. Of particular interest are candidates with a
strong commitment to teacher education, as well as administrative and
leadership experience that have a bearing on managing a large
research-active academic department.

Candidates are expected to possess at least the following qualifications
and qualities:
-  a doctoral degree in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or
Language/Literacy Education
-  an established record of research
-  strong leadership skills in academic administration/management
-  experience and interest in faculty development

For enquiries, interested applicants may write to Associate Professor
Lim-Teo Suat Khoh, Dean of Faculty Affairs, at the email address below.

For more information, please go to
http://www.nie.edu.sg/careers/vacancies/english-language-and-literature-academic-group-ell-0#Position%201

Web Address for Applications: http://www.nie.edu.sg/about-nie/careers/vacancies
Contact Information: