22.323, Jobs: English & Computational Linguistics: Programmer, North Side Inc.

Wed Jan 19 16:04:09 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-323. Wed Jan 19 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.323, Jobs: English & Computational Linguistics: Programmer, North Side Inc.

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-Jan-2011
From: Eugene Joseph [eugene at northsideinc.com]
Subject: English & Computational Linguistics: Programmer, North Side Inc., Montreal, Canada

Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:03:00
From: Eugene Joseph [eugene at northsideinc.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-323.html&submissionid=4491775&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: North Side Inc.
Department: Language and AI R&D
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Web Address: http://www.botcolony.com
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

North Side Inc. develops the Bot Colony online video game. Bot Colony
(please see our website) will be a 3D adventure video game where the player
converses with the characters in unrestricted English. Google 'Bot Colony',
 and watch Bot Colony trailer and tech-demo for more information.

We're developing a natural language dialogue pipeline which includes
parsing, disambiguation,  co-reference resolution, reasoning and dialog
management.

We have an opening for a Computational Linguist in our Montreal facility to
work in the area of automated knowledge acquisition.

Requirements:
-Computational Linguistics background desirable (M.Sc. or Ph.D.)
-Strong skills in Java
-Experience with databases (Versant OODB or SQL)
-Experience with WSD (word sense disambiguation) and  reasoning
-Experience in text-mining and textual entailment
-Experience in shallow reasoning and axiomatization
-Experience in building and managing large lexical resources

Email Address for Applications: eugene at northsideinc.com
Contact Information:
	Eugene Joseph
	Email: eugene at northsideinc.com