22.343, Jobs: Discourse Analysis: Lecturer, U of Groningen, Netherlands

Thu Jan 20 16:24:01 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-343. Thu Jan 20 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.343, Jobs: Discourse Analysis: Lecturer, U of Groningen, Netherlands

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-Dec-2010
From: Kees de Glopper [c.m.de.glopper at rug.nl]
Subject: Discourse Analysis, Communication: Lecturer, University of Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:22:37
From: Kees de Glopper [c.m.de.glopper at rug.nl]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-343.html&submissionid=3796696&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Groningen
Department: Communications
Job Location: Groningen, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.rug.nl/let/onderzoek/onderzoekinstituten/clcg/
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis; Communication

The department of Communication and Information Sciences offers a Lecturer
position Communication and Information Sciences.

Job description

The new lecturer teaches within the Communication and Information Sciences
programme (60%) and does research within the Discourse & Communication
group (40%). Supervision of students and course development are also
important tasks. Administrative and management tasks may be part of the
function.

Qualifications

Our new colleague will have research and teaching expertise in Media
Communication, especially with respect to multimodal aspects of
communication, including computer-mediated communication. Apart from
excellent communicative and didactic qualifications, we are looking for a
candidate who:
-  has a PhD in a research area that contributes to the discourse-theoretical
approach of communication processes
-  has experience with teaching and research in the area of media
communication, especially with respect to multimodal aspects of
communication, including computer communication
-  is able to develop courses and teaching formats that give shape to the
profile of the CIW programme
-  is professionally involved and engaged, documented by publications and
other research activities
-  has an excellent command of Dutch and English, or is prepared to learn
Dutch within reasonable time

Conditions of employment

The University of Groningen offers a salary dependent on qualifications and
work experience with a minimum of € 3,195 (salary scale 11) till a maximum
of € 4,970 (salary scale 12) per month for a full-time position. The
appointment will be for a period of two years.

Date of entry into employment commences: 1 August 2011.

A short lecture may be part of the selection procedure.

Information

For information you can contact:
Prof. C.M. de Glopper,   c.m.de.glopper at rug.nl

Application Deadline: 04-Feb-2011