22.347, Jobs: African Languages & Literatures: Lecturer, U of Cape Town

Thu Jan 20 18:01:20 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-347. Thu Jan 20 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.347, Jobs: African Languages & Literatures: Lecturer, U of Cape Town

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 19-Jan-2011
From: Charlotte Snyders [Charlotte.Snyders at uct.ac.za]
Subject: African Languages & Literatures: Lecturer, University of Cape Town, South Africa

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:00:01
From: Charlotte Snyders [Charlotte.Snyders at uct.ac.za]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-347.html&submissionid=4491935&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Cape Town
Department: School of Languages & Literatures
Job Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Web Address: http://www.humanities.uct.ac.za
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: African Languages & Literatures

The African Languages & Literatures Section of the School of Languages &
Literatures invites applications for the above position, for appointment as
soon as possible.

Requirements:
-  A Master's degree (progress towards a PhD would be a recommendation)
-  Experience in teaching isiXhosa to 2nd language speakers (at tertiary
level would be a strong recommendation)
-  An active research interest in the field
-  A background in Linguistics (would be a recommendation)
-  Strong administrative skills
-  Proficiency in English

Responsibilities:
-  Teaching isiXhosa as a 2nd language from beginners to advanced level in
occupation-specific areas
-  Engagement in research and the publication of the results of such research
-  Administration of programmes and courses
-  Materials development

The 2011 annual remuneration package, including benefits, is R403 124.

Application process
To apply, please e-mail the completed UCT Application form and all other
relevant documentation as indicated on the form, to Mrs C. Snyders, contact
information below.

The application form can also be downloaded at the application URL below.

An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be
regarded as incomplete.

Reference number for this position: SR062/11

UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our
Employment Equity Policy is available at http://hr.uct.ac.za/policies/ee.php

Application Deadline: 25-Feb-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Mrs C. Snyders