22.367, Jobs: General Ling: PhD Student, U of Amsterdam/Faculty of Humanities

Fri Jan 21 18:45:15 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-367. Fri Jan 21 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.367, Jobs: General Ling: PhD Student, U of Amsterdam/Faculty of Humanities

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 20-Jan-2011
From: Kees Hengeveld [p.c.hengeveld at uva.nl]
Subject: General Linguistics: PhD Student, University of Amsterdam/Faculty of Humanities, Netherlands

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:41:48
From: Kees Hengeveld [p.c.hengeveld at uva.nl]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-367.html&submissionid=4492076&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Amsterdam/Faculty of Humanities
Department: Amsterdam Center for Language and Communication
Job Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.hum.uva.nl/aclc
Job Rank: PhD student

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Amsterdam Center for Language and Communication is looking for
excellent candidates to carry out the following PhD projects, starting
September 1, 2011:

- Acquiring Negative Polarity Items
- Persistent problems in SLI: rule learning or implementation?
- Child L2 acquisition of the binding principles in Dutch

Full descriptions of these projects may be found at the ACLC website above
under 'Vacancies'.

In order to apply please send a letter of motivation, a CV, a list of
grades of your BA and MA programmes, your MA thesis (or another piece of
written work if you have not yet finished your thesis), and the names of
two referees with contact information.

Applications should be sent to the ACLC office in electronic form to the
application email address below and should arrive no later than February 6,
2011 at 23.59h p.m.

Selected candidates will be invited for an interview in the week starting
February 28th 2011. By the end of that week a decision will be taken, and
candidates will be offered a position.

Further information may be obtained from the director of the ACLC, Prof. Dr
P.C. (Kees) Hengeveld, contact information below.

Application Deadline: 06-Feb-2011

Email Address for Applications: aclc-fgw at uva.nl
Contact Information:
	prof.dr Kees Hengeveld