22.463, Jobs: Various Langs & Lang Acq: Manager, Diplomatic Language Services

Wed Jan 26 15:56:41 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-463. Wed Jan 26 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.463, Jobs: Various Langs & Lang Acq: Manager, Diplomatic Language Services

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 25-Jan-2011
From: Caitlin Marshall [cmarshall at dlsdc.com]
Subject: Arabic, Standard; French; Farsi, Eastern; Pashto, Central; Spanish & Austronesian & Language Acquisition: Manager / Testing Project Manager, Diplomatic Language Services, Virginia, USA

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:55:18
From: Caitlin Marshall [cmarshall at dlsdc.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-463.html&submissionid=4493055&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Diplomatic Language Services
Department: Curriculum Development
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.dlsdc.com
Job Rank: Manager

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
                      French (fra)
                      Farsi, Eastern (prs)
                      Pashto, Central (pst)
                      Spanish (spa)
                      Austronesian

Diplomatic Language Services (DLS) is a 25-year old company based in the
Washington, DC metro area that provides language and cultural training and
other related language services to US government and commercial clients.
We are currently recruiting a Project Manager for an upcoming one-year test
development project. The project involves developing test items for
proficiency tests in six languages.

Qualifications:
-Master's degree in Language Education or a related field strongly
preferred (or BA degree in Language Education, Linguistics/related field
plus 5 years of language training and testing experience)
-At least one year of experience managing language proficiency test
development projects
-Knowledge of the Inter-Agency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale
-High level computer skills
-Native or near-native English proficiency
-Very strong multitasking and interpersonal skills
-Previous experience with language training and testing
-Proven track record of meeting project deadlines under clear time constraints
-Some familiarity with Dari, Pashto, Iraqi Arabic, Spanish, Farsi, or
French is helpful.

Responsibilities include:
-Interface with the client, acting as main point of contact to receive and
disseminate feedback to project staff.
-Engage test developers in ongoing training activities, sharing subject
matter expertise and educating them in language proficiency testing and
curriculum development theory and pedagogical processes.
-Ensure deadlines are being met across all languages and take
responsibility for providing final deliverables to client.
-Oversee the revision process, ensuring that feedback is clearly conveyed
to the development team.
-Perform a final review of each test component to make sure that quality
expectations are being met.

DLS is a rapidly growing language services company with a dynamic and
flexible work environment and significant employee growth opportunities.
Please send your resume and salary requirement to the address provided. No
phone calls, please. EOE.

Application Deadline: 10-Feb-2011

Email Address for Applications: recruiting at dlsdc.com
Contact Information: