22.485, Jobs: Neuroscience of Auditory & Language Processing: Prof, Macquarie U

Thu Jan 27 16:06:33 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-485. Thu Jan 27 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.485, Jobs: Neuroscience of Auditory & Language Processing: Prof, Macquarie U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 26-Jan-2011
From: Moira Davidson-Copping [moira.copping at mq.edu.au]
Subject: Neuroscience of Auditory & Language Processing: Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor, Macquarie University, Australia

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:01:31
From: Moira Davidson-Copping [moira.copping at mq.edu.au]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-485.html&submissionid=4493258&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Macquarie University
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Web Address: http://www.mq.edu.au
Job Rank: Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor

Specialty Areas: Neuroscience of Auditory & Language Processing

The Linguistics Department of Macquarie University (Sydney, Australia) is
seeking to fill a full-time continuing position in auditory and language
processing. This position will be affiliated with the Centre for Language
Sciences, one of Macquarie University's Concentrations of Research
Excellence. The ideal applicant will undertake original research into the
neuroscience of hearing and language, focussing on the physiological
mechanisms underpinning normal hearing and disorders of the auditory
language processing system, and will also contribute to research projects
being undertaken in the HEARing Cooperative Research Centre. Those with
strengths in the areas of tinnitus and its remediation and / or the use of
spatial information to facilitate the understanding of speech in noise, are
particularly encouraged to apply. Excellent electrophysiological research
facilities, including EEG and MEG, are available. Research will be
undertaken in the HEARing CRC in conjunction with the National Acoustic
Laboratories, and in the newly established ARC Centre for Cognition and its
Disorders at Macquarie University. The successful applicant will also be
involved in teaching and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate
students within the Faculty of Human Sciences.

Application Deadline: 07-Mar-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://www.mq.edu.au/jobs/
Contact Information:
	Moira Davidson-Copping