22.529, Jobs: Linguistic Engineering: Researcher, Friedrich-Schiller-U Jena

Mon Jan 31 14:57:42 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-529. Mon Jan 31 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.529, Jobs: Linguistic Engineering: Researcher, Friedrich-Schiller-U Jena

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 31-Jan-2011
From: Volker Gast [volker.gast at uni-jena.de]
Subject: Linguistic Engineering: Researcher, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Germany

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:55:18
From: Volker Gast [volker.gast at uni-jena.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-529.html&submissionid=4493876&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena
Department: English and American studies
Job Location: Jena, Germany
Web Address: http://www.uni-jena.de/~mu65qev/LinkType
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Linguistic Engineering

We are seeking a research associate (part time/50%) with a background in
computer science to join our international collaborative research group on
'A corpus-based typology of clause linkage', based at the universities of
Zurich and Jena. Our project aims at statistically modelling the structural
variation in corpora of genealogically and geographically diverse languages.

We are looking for someone to take responsibility for the development of a
software system facilitating the annotation of our corpora by human experts.

Applicants must hold a university degree in some relevant field, e.g.
computer science or linguistics. Applicants from other fields will also be
considered if they can demonstrate the necessary skills, esp. in the areas
of complex data structures, script languages and web design. The ability to
work in a team and good communication skills are essential.

The position is based at the University of Jena (Department of English and
American Studies). The salary is in accordance with the German state
regulated public service salary scale (TV-L 13/2).

Applications can be sent to Volker Gast by email (reference number
19/2011). The deadline is February 21, 2011, but the position will remain
open until filled.

For more information, please visit our website (URL above) or contact B.
Bickel (bickel at uni-leipzig.de) or V. Gast (volker.gast at uni-jena.de).

Application Deadline: 21-Feb-2011 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: volker.gast at uni-jena.de
Contact Information:
	Volker Gast
	Email: volker.gast at uni-jena.de