22.2783, Jobs: English (North America); Phonetics: Consultant, SRI International

Wed Jul 6 19:39:58 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2783. Wed Jul 06 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2783, Jobs: English (North America); Phonetics: Consultant, SRI International

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 05-Jul-2011
From: Colleen Richey [colleen at speech.sri.com]

Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:38:29
From: Colleen Richey [colleen at speech.sri.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2783.html&submissionid=4525461&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: SRI International
Department: Speech Technology and Research Lab
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.speech.sri.com/
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Phonetics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Summer Contract for Phoneticians

The Speech Technology and Research Lab at SRI International is seeking
phoneticians who are native speakers of North American English for a
one-time, short-term transcription task.

The following are the specific requirements that need to be met:
-  Native speaker of North American English
-  Proficient in phonetics, with experience doing phonetic transcription
-  Work to begin on or after July 11, 2011, and to be completed by the end
of August, 2011
-  Work will be done remotely on contractor's personal computer (Windows
PC, Mac, or Linux)
-  Custom Java-based transcription software, required for this task, will
be provided
-  Must have a quiet environment to work in and high-quality headphones
-  Familiarity with Japanese language is a plus

Task Involves:
-  Broad phonetic transcription (includes judging native/non-nativeness of
phones) of 1200-1500 English sentences read by Japanese speakers
-  We estimate approximately 160 hours of work
-  Payment will be a flat rate in the approximate range of $5,000-$6,000,
depending on the size of the task

Please send a resume along with a cover letter indicating summer
availability to transcribe at speech.sri.com.

Application Deadline: 11-Jul-2011 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: transcribe at speech.sri.com
Contact Information:
	Colleen Richey
	Email: colleen at speech.sri.com