22.2817, Jobs: Lang Acq; Socioling for ESL: Adjunct Prof, Virginia Int'l U

Sat Jul 9 19:37:54 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2817. Sat Jul 09 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2817, Jobs: Lang Acq; Socioling for ESL: Adjunct Prof, Virginia Int'l U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 08-Jul-2011
From: Heidi Rodeffer [heidi at viu.edu]
Subject: Language Acquisition Theories; Sociolinguistics for ESL Teachers: Adjunct Professor, Virginia International University, VA, USA

Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 15:36:02
From: Heidi Rodeffer [heidi at viu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2817.html&submissionid=4525745&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Virginia International University
Department: School of English Language Studies
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.viu.edu/
Job Rank: Adjunct Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Linguistic Theories; Sociolinguistics

University:  Virginia International University, School of English Language
Studies
Position:  Part-time/adjunct TESOL instructors for our graduate TESOL
programs, Fall 2011
Dates:  August 29 - December 17 (15 weeks)
Schedule:  Classes meet once a week for three hours, at our campus in
Fairfax, VA

Responsibilities:
Teach one or more of the following graduate TESOL courses
Assessment in ESL
-  Language Acquisition Theories
-  Sociolinguistics for ESL Teachers
-  Teaching with Technology
-  Intercultural Communication for ESL Teachers

Qualifications:
-  Minimum qualifications: MA in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related
discipline + teaching experience + evidence of substantial expertise in the
specific subject area
-  Strongly preferred: ABD or PhD in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or a
related discipline; higher ed teaching experience

Compensation:
$2,500-3,250 per course, depending on credentials and experience as well as
course enrollment. This is a part-time position with no benefits.

How to apply:
-  Please email a cover letter, CV, copies of transcripts, and our Online
Employment Application to: jobs at viu.edu. Please include your name and the
position you're applying for in the subject line of your email. Hard copies
and faxes will NOT be accepted. Online application form is available at the
application URL below.
-  Selected candidates will be invited for an interview, followed by a
brief teaching demonstration.
-  Position will remain open until filled.

For information about our graduate TESOL programs, please visit
http://elp.viu.edu/tesol/tesol-certificate.html

Application Deadline: 04-Aug-2011 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: jobs at viu.edu
Web Address for Applications: http://www.viu.edu/docs/forms/VIU_Employment_Application.pdf
Contact Information:
	Human Resources Manager Heidi Rodeffer