22.2842, Jobs: Discourse Analysis: Linguistic Analyst, Cymfony

Mon Jul 11 16:46:24 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2842. Mon Jul 11 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2842, Jobs: Discourse Analysis: Linguistic Analyst, Cymfony

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 11-Jul-2011
From: Peter Heffernan [pheffernan at cymfony.com]
Subject: Discourse Analysis: Linguistic Analyst, Cymfony, MA, USA

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:44:48
From: Peter Heffernan [pheffernan at cymfony.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2842.html&submissionid=4526101&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Cymfony
Department: Linguistic Department
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.cymfony.com
Job Rank: Linguistic Analyst

Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis

Cymfony is seeking a Linguistic Analyst to join our growing team. The
candidate will report to the Manager of Linguistic Analysis and work with
Cymfony account management, professional services, and sales and technical
staff to install and customize our clients' online and reporting metrics.

Our employees are composed of some of the brightest and most highly
motivated professionals in the field and our technology is widely
recognized as among a handful of the most sophisticated natural language
processing engines in the world.

Core responsibilities:
-  Conduct detailed research and analysis in support of engagements
developing supporting materials such as queries, exemplar data sets, test
cases, and documentation. Work on cross functional project teams comprised
of internal and external resources in support of client engagements.
-  Collect and review content from major content aggregators for analysis
or fulfillment of professional services/custom installation engagements.
-  Manage installation/maintenance projects, which may require pulling
together resources from various areas within the company.
-  Examine and verify the accuracy of various results produced by Cymfony's
online application.

Requirements:
-  Demonstrated analytical skills are an absolute requirement for this
position. The candidate must be detail-oriented and be able to provide
examples of experience where critical thinking has been employed to solve
complex problems.
-  Experience and/or higher education focusing on classification/
cataloguing/grammar-based software and/or techniques are highly desired.
These can include but are not restricted to experience in the fields of:
search engine software, linguistics, news aggregators, and the like.
-  Excellent reading comprehension skills and a good working understanding
of English grammar and parts of speech are required.
-  Must be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines, be very
organized, and have very strong logical reasoning abilities.
-  Must be able to work collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment.
Excellent communication skills are highly desired.
-  Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Toolset.
-  Degree Required, Graduate degree desired.

Application Deadline: 01-Aug-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Staffing Consultant Peter Heffernan
	11 Temple Terrace