22.2902, Qs: Samoyedic Language and Culture

Fri Jul 15 13:55:57 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2902. Fri Jul 15 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2902, Qs: Samoyedic Language and Culture

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Woo <bwoo at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 13-Jul-2011
From: Carol Tenny [tenny at linguist.org]
Subject: Samoyedic Language and Culture

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 09:55:05
From: Carol Tenny [tenny at linguist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2902.html&submissionid=4526482&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

I have been asked by someone not on Linguist List, if the Samoyedic
language, people and traditional way of life are still extant in Siberia, or
were wiped out by Soviet policies of de-nativization. Can anyone point me
to a source for this information?

Thank you. You can reply to my email: tenny at linguist.org

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/