22.2918, Jobs: NLP Development: Programmer, NetBase Solutions, Inc.

Sun Jul 17 17:00:40 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2918. Sun Jul 17 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2918, Jobs: NLP Development: Programmer, NetBase Solutions, Inc.

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 15-Jul-2011
From: Steve Winters [team at netbase.com]
Subject: Natural Language Processing Development: Programmer, NetBase Solutions, Inc., CA, USA

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:59:26
From: Steve Winters [team at netbase.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2918.html&submissionid=4526721&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: NetBase Solutions, Inc.
Department: Development
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://netbase.com
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Want an opportunity to work with what our Fortune 100 customers say is the
best, most-scalable natural language platform in existence? We are seeking
a highly-motivated software developer to be part of our development team.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial software
engineer who feels passionately about writing high quality and scalable
software for Natural Language Processing applications.

Location: Mountain View, CA

NetBase is the Social Media Insight & Analysis company. We're a
well-funded, fast-growing start-up that has already acquired an impressive
roster of top-tier Fortune 500 clients.

The company has advanced natural language processing (NLP) technology that
simply put, can read and understand language - at massive scale. The result
is unparalleled accuracy in sub-second response time. Today, the company
has applied this technology to social media and delivers, via SaaS model,
an analytics offering that was commissioned by and designed in partnership
with five of the top 10 CPG giants, including Coca-Cola and Kraft. The
tools are also being used by the top market research firms including J.D.
Power & Associates and Gfk. In addition, NetBase is white labeled by Reed
Elsevier, the largest publisher in the world, in a product called illumin8,
which is used by research scientists at F500 companies such as British
Petroleum, Dow Chemical and Pepsico. Hailed a thought leader in the social
media market, NetBase analytics are cited in all the top tier press
including the Wall Street Journal, BloombergBusinessweek, Forbes, Mashable,
AdAge, Informationweek and others.

Based in the heart of Silicon Valley and privately held, NetBase offers a
family-friendly, flexible, engineer-centric working environment that values
open communication and emphasizes results over process.

Benefits of working at NetBase:
-  Generous cash and equity compensation
-  Mac, Windows, or Linux laptop of your choice
-  Medical / Dental insurance and 401k plan
-  Colleagues who are some of the smartest engineers and tech entrepreneurs
-  Open, collaborative environment
-  Opportunity to work with what our Fortune 100 customers say is the best,
most-scalable natural language platform in existence

Required Qualifications:
-  5 years experience with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (MS/PhD
a plus)
-  Highly competitive Java skills
-  Experience in development and deployment of Natural Language Processing
software
-  Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and algorithm skills
-  Experience with full product lifecycle; understanding and usage of
coding conventions
-  Outstanding communication and teamwork skills
-  High degree of integrity, passion, drive, flexibility and a self-starter

Desirable Skills:
-  Agile Development methodologies
-  Experience with integration of complex third party NLP components
-  Open source search engine experience (e.g. Lucene)
-  Development or deployment experience in a Unix/Linux environment
-  Relational and/or No-SQL database experience

Authorization to work in the US and relocation are required. Applicants and
Employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental
disability or any other legally protected status.

To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to team at netbase.com with
the subject of 'NLP Developer'.

Email Address for Applications: team at netbase.com
Contact Information: