22.2925, Jobs: Korean; Phonetics; Comp Ling: Consultant, Acapela Group

Mon Jul 18 14:39:37 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2925. Mon Jul 18 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2925, Jobs: Korean; Phonetics; Comp Ling: Consultant, Acapela Group

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 18-Jul-2011
From: Dr. Vincent Pagel, R&D and Linguistic Manager [vincent.pagel at acapela-group.com]
Subject: Korean; Phonetics; Computational Linguistics: Consultant, Acapela Group, Hainaut, Belgium

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 10:37:55
From: Dr. Vincent Pagel, R&D and Linguistic Manager [vincent.pagel at acapela-group.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2925.html&submissionid=4526909&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Acapela Group
Department: R&D and Linguistic
Job Location: Hainaut, Belgium
Web Address: http://www.acapela-group.com
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics

Required Language(s): Korean (kor)

Korean Linguist
Job Type:  Full time - 9 months
Start Date:  As soon as possible
Location:  Mons, Belgium

Candidate will team up with Acapela software engineer and provide
linguistic knowledge to develop a Korean speech synthesis system.

Linguistic Expertise:
-  Advising phoneme set
-  Correction of lexicons
-  Pronunciation guidelines for the pronunciation of times, dates,
currencies etc.
-  Speaker coaching during recording sessions
-  Correction of automatic segmentation of the recordings

Requirements:
-  Linguist or similar educational background
-  Good knowledge in phonetics
-  Native speaker of Korean
-  Programming skills or knowledge of regular expressions are an asset, but
are not necessary
-  The work will be done in our office, so the candidates must be willing
and able to come to Mons

Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2011

Email Address for Applications: vincent.pagel at acapela-group.com
Contact Information:
	Dr. Vincent Pagel, R&D and Linguistic Manager
	Email: vincent.pagel at acapela-group.com