22.2942, Jobs: Cognitive Neuroscience: Asst Prof, U of South Carolina, Columbia

Mon Jul 18 20:49:05 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2942. Mon Jul 18 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2942, Jobs: Cognitive Neuroscience: Asst Prof, U of South Carolina, Columbia

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 18-Jul-2011
From: Vicki Lewter [LewterV at mailbox.sc.edu]
Subject: Cognitive Neuroscience: Assistant Professors, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:47:21
From: Vicki Lewter [LewterV at mailbox.sc.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2942.html&submissionid=4526962&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of South Carolina, Columbia
Department: Psychology
Job Location: South Carolina, USA
Web Address: http://www.psych.sc.edu/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science

The Department of Psychology invites applications for three tenure-track
Assistant Professors with research interests in cognitive neuroscience. The
target appointment date is August 16, 2012.

Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to conduct research that
augments and complements our existing technical expertise in brain
stimulation, event related potentials, and magnetic resonance imaging using
our 3T Siemens Trio (see http://www.mccauslandcenter.sc.edu for more
information), and expertise in an area of cognitive neuroscience. The area
of expertise is open for two of the positions, including but not limited to
language, attention, and perception. The third position is focused on
memory. A Ph.D. or MD in a relevant discipline is required, as successful
applicants are expected to lead their own research program and teach.
Applicants must demonstrate potential to acquire external grant funding.
Teaching and postdoctoral experience is strongly preferred. Salary is
commensurate with experience.

Applicants should submit a letter describing their interests and
credentials, curriculum vitae, statements of research and teaching
interests, accomplishments, three letters of recommendation and copies of
selected publications.

Electronic application submissions are preferred and should be emailed to
the application email address below with "Cognitive Neuroscience Search" in
the subject line. Paper submissions may be sent to the application address
below.

For full consideration, all application materials must be received no later
than October 1, 2011. Inquiries may be addressed to Professor Chris Rorden
(rorden at mailbox.sc.edu) or Professor John Henderson (john.henderson at sc.edu).

The University of South Carolina is an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. The
University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or
employment opportunities or decisions for qualified persons on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual
orientation or veteran status.

Application Deadline: 01-Oct-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Cognitive Neuroscience Search