22.3024, Jobs: Foreign Lang Ed: Coordinator, Int'l Center for Language Studies

Tue Jul 26 17:02:32 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3024. Tue Jul 26 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3024, Jobs: Foreign Lang Ed: Coordinator, Int'l Center for Language Studies

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 25-Jul-2011
From: Amy Heaton [foreignlang at icls.com]
Subject: Mandarin Chinese; Arabic; Foreign Language Education: Coordinator, International Center for Language Studies, District of Columbia, USA

Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:59:04
From: Amy Heaton [foreignlang at icls.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3024.html&submissionid=4527563&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: International Center for Language Studies
Department: Foreign Language Division
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.icls.com
Job Rank: Coordinator

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Foreign Language Education

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
                      Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)

A professional language school in downtown Washington, D.C. that
specializes in training government and military officials is in search of a
coordinator for the Foreign Language Division. Our school works with
agencies such as the Defense Language Institute (DLI), the Foreign Service
Institute (FSI), the United States Agency for International Development
(USAID), the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the World Bank, the
International Monetary Fund, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI),
etc.

This is a full-time position with full health benefits after a trial
period.  A bachelor's degree is required and an M.A. is preferred. Special
preference will be given to speakers of Arabic (MSA and/or other dialects)
or Mandarin Chinese.

Duties include:
-  Coordinating teachers' and students' schedules
-  Observing and reporting on foreign language classes
-  Monitoring students' progress
-  Writing proposals to government agencies
-  Teacher recruitment, interviewing, and hiring
-  Assisting in teacher training, etc.

All applicants should submit a cover letter and resume/CV to the
application email address listed below.

Email Address for Applications: foreignlang at icls.com
Contact Information:
	Director, Foreign Languages Amy Heaton