22.2307, Jobs: English Translation/TESOL: Full Prof, Hankuk U of Foreign Studies

Wed Jun 1 16:08:32 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2307. Wed Jun 01 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2307, Jobs: English Translation/TESOL: Full Prof, Hankuk U of Foreign Studies

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 31-May-2011
From: Mihyung Oh [applyeit at gmail.com]
Subject: English; Interpreting/Translation; TESOL/TESL: Full Professor, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Soeul, South Korea

Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 12:06:01
From: Mihyung Oh [applyeit at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2307.html&submissionid=4521597&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
Department: Department of English Interpretation and Translation
Job Location: Seoul, Korea, South
Job Rank: Full Professor

Specialty Areas: Translation; Interpreting; TESOL/TESL

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Full-Time English Professorship at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies in
Seoul, Korea

The Department of English Interpretation and Translation (EIT) at Hankuk
University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) is currently accepting applications
for a full-time professorship (work begins in late September 2011).

Basic qualifications are as follows:
-  Native speaker in English;
-  Master's degree or above (preferably in interpreting/translation,
TESOL/TESL); and
-  Two years or more experience in teaching English at the
undergraduate/postgraduate level.

Main job descriptions are to teach:
-  Public speaking/presentations;
-  Advanced writing/rhetoric; and
-  Advanced debate/interviews, etc.

Successful applicants will be offered a (renewable) one-year contract and
the benefits are:
-  Shared office;
-  Housing;
-  One-way airfare;
-  National pension & health insurance; and
-  Paid vacation (summer/winter).

Annual salary will vary according to your qualification, and
teaching/research experiences.

How to apply:
Please send an e-mail to Prof. Mi Hyung OH (applyeit at gmail.com) no later
than June 7 (Thu), 2011 and make sure to attach the following documents
(scans/word files):
1.  Cover letter (describe your teaching and research experiences)
2.  Resume (with a photo taken in 6 months)
3.  Transcripts of your B.A. & M.A. degrees
4.  Passport information page
5.  Alien Registration Card (if residing in Korea)

Note:
-  Only those showing the best combination of knowledge, experience, skills
and abilities will be invited via e-mail for an initial interview.
-  At the interview, candidates will be asked to bring the original copies
of the above-mentioned documents as well as other relevant documents as
deemed necessary.

Application Deadline: 07-Jun-2011

Email Address for Applications: applyeit at gmail.com
Contact Information: