22.2308, Jobs: Anthro Ling; Morphology; Typology: Doctoral Asst, U of Zurich

Wed Jun 1 16:21:05 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2308. Wed Jun 01 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2308, Jobs: Anthro Ling; Morphology; Typology: Doctoral Asst, U of Zurich

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 31-May-2011
From: Fernando Zuniga [fernando.zuniga at spw.uzh.ch]
Subject: Anthropological Linguistics; Morphology; Typology: Doctoral Assistant, University of Zurich, Switzerland

Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 12:19:20
From: Fernando Zuniga [fernando.zuniga at spw.uzh.ch]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2308.html&submissionid=4521616&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Zurich
Department: Department of General Linguistics
Job Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Web Address: http://www.uzh.ch/spw
Job Rank: Doctoral Assistant

Specialty Areas: Anthropological Linguistics; Morphology; Typology

The General Linguistics Department at the University of Zurich invites
applications for two doctoral researchers whose main focus is the
description of lesser-studied indigenous languages of the Americas and the
morphological typology thereof. Applicants must have completed an M.A.
degree in linguistics or equivalent by the time of application and have an
acute sensitivity to ethical issues raised by linguistic fieldwork in the
region. All candidates must have advanced skills in oral and written
English, and those applicants planning to work on Central or South American
languages must be fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese by the time of
application. Fluency in German is desirable (e.g. for teaching activities)
but not necessary.

Terms of employment: Full-time four-year contract (starting date: February
1, 2012), with a salary (before taxes) of CHF 40,200 per year the first
year, rising to CHF 43,200 the second year and CHF 46,200 the third and
fourth years.

Applications must include a curriculum vitae, a cover letter with a clear
statement of research interests and a detailed description of research
skills, a sample of written work, and the names of three referees.

Application Deadline: 30-Sep-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Fernando Zuniga
	Plattenstrasse 54