22.2339, Jobs: English & Language Acquisition: Teacher, Open English

Thu Jun 2 19:36:43 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2339. Thu Jun 02 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2339, Jobs: English & Language Acquisition: Teacher, Open English

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 31-May-2011
From:  Live Instruction Department [certification at openenglish.com]

Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:35:31
From:  Live Instruction Department [certification at openenglish.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2339.html&submissionid=4521620&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Open English
Department: Live Instruction
Job Location: Select State, USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.openenglish.com
Job Rank: Teacher

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Online ESL English Teachers needed!
Company Overview: Open English (www.openenglish.com) is an Online
School created to reinvent the English learning experience. Through live
language instruction and multi-media learning content via the internet, Open
English empowers students on their path to English fluency. We have a
dedicated team of certified ESL teachers working from home all around the
world. Our student base extends across Latin America and Spain.

Program Overview: OE live classes breaks away from the rigid, traditional
board and textbook teaching methods found in other classrooms. Instead,
students participate in live language instruction online with a curriculum
designed to teach English through the use of interactive language games and
an exciting online virtual world.

Position: Our company is accepting applications for online ESL teachers.
You will be able to work remotely from home, anywhere in the world. This is a
fantastic opportunity for qualified individuals to grow within an established,
reliable company.

Job Requirements:
- Must be a native English speaker with American accent.
- Have experience teaching English to adults of all levels.
- Be able to teach at least 20 hours of classes per week (Nights 8 PM - 2 AM
EST and Weekends are preferred)
- Reliable, high-speed Internet connection and quiet working space from
home.
- Speak and write Spanish fluently.
- Good comfort level with online applications & technology;

Type of work: Independent contractor (20-40 hrs/wk)

Apply Today:
Interested parties are encouraged to fill out our online application form:
http://fs11.formsite.com/nicmoreno/appli cation/index.html

Location: Anywhere, U.S.

Compensation: Start at $9, $10 after 3 months. $10.50 after 6 months, $11
after 9 months and $12 after complete 24 full, active months (no leaves
greater than 3 weeks)

Web Address for Applications: http://fs11.formsite.com/nicmoreno/appli cation/index.html
Contact Information
	Live Instruction Department