22.2356, Jobs: General Linguistics: PhD Studentship, Newcastle University

Sat Jun 4 14:22:07 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2356. Sat Jun 04 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2356, Jobs: General Linguistics: PhD Studentship, Newcastle University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 02-Jun-2011
From: Anders Holmberg [anders.holmberg at ncl.ac.uk]
Subject: General Linguistics: PhD Studentship, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:20:39
From: Anders Holmberg [anders.holmberg at ncl.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2356.html&submissionid=4521962&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Newcastle University
Department: Sch. of English Literature, Language & Linguistics
Job Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/elll/
Job Rank: PhD Studentship

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Newcastle University offers four PhD studentships in Arts and Humanities,
including Linguistics (under the AHRC Block Grant  Partnership scheme), for
2011 entry. The studentships enable students to undertake and complete a
doctoral degree (PhD). Full and partial awards are available through this
scheme, for British and EU residents only. A full award covers fees and an
annual, tax free stipend of £13,590 (2011/12 rates). A partial award
covers fees only.

Please see the following link for more information on the awards and how to
apply: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/postgraduate/funding/search/list/ahr04
Please note: you must check the AHRC's eligibility criteria to see if you
are eligible to apply and if you would qualify for a full or partial award.

Applications must be received by 12 noon, the 27th of June.

Before making an application, please get in contact with
Anders Holmberg
Tel:+44 (0) 191 222 3530
E-mail: anders.holmberg at newcastle.ac.uk

Application Deadline: 27-Jun-2011