22.2383, Jobs: Arabic; Software Engineering: Engineer, Systran Software, Inc.

Tue Jun 7 16:46:29 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2383. Tue Jun 07 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2383, Jobs: Arabic; Software Engineering: Engineer, Systran Software, Inc.

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 06-Jun-2011
From: Nicole Goetting [ssi_se_job at systransoft.com]
Subject: Arabic; Software Engineering: Software Engineer - Research Scientist, Systran Software, Inc., CA, USA

Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 12:45:00
From: Nicole Goetting [ssi_se_job at systransoft.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2383.html&submissionid=4522375&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Systran Software, Inc.
Department: Software Engineering
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://systransoft.com
Job Rank: Software Engineer - Research Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Software Engineering

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)

SYSTRAN is currently seeking local experienced Software Engineers -
Research Scientists to join our R&D team in San Diego to develop machine
translation systems. Only local San Diego residents need apply.

The ideal candidate must have a combination of research and implementation
skills, including significant programming experience, strong experience
with machine translation, text classification, statistical techniques for
NLP, information theory or a related field is highly desirable.

Responsibilities: software development, experimentation, analysis of
results, building systems that combine linguistics and statistical language
models for machine translation covering several languages.

Skills:
-  Fluent in Arabic
-  Strong background in statistical modeling required
-  Combination of research and implementation skills
-  Significant programming experience in C++
-  An exceptional individual interested in transforming the capabilities of
machine translation systems
-  Fluent in English.
-  Solid background in linguistics
-  Evidence of mature, flexible, and innovative approaches in previous work
experience
-  Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team

Education and Experience:
-  MS in Computational Linguistics or relevant field
-  3+ years work experience

SYSTRAN is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are considered for
all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, military service, or any other legally protected
status.

Email Address for Applications: ssi_se_job at systransoft.com
Contact Information:
	Nicole Goetting