22.2411, Jobs: English & Comp Ling: Programmer/Software Designer, North Side Inc

Fri Jun 10 23:07:58 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2411. Fri Jun 10 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2411, Jobs: English & Comp Ling: Programmer/Software Designer, North Side Inc

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Jun-2011
From: Eugene Joseph [eugene at northsideinc.com]
Subject: English & Computational Linguistics: Programmer / Software Developer/Researcher, North Side Inc., Canada, Montreal, Quebec

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:07:04
From: Eugene Joseph [eugene at northsideinc.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2411.html&submissionid=4522675&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: North Side Inc.
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Web Address: http://www.northsideinc.com
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

North Side develops an unrestricted English dialog pipeline, relying on common-
sense knowledge. Our first application will be the Bot Colony online video game
(see www.botcolony.com). Aside from entertaining game play, Bot Colony
provides an engaging way of learning English as a second language (ESL)
through practice. The ESL version of the game will provide customized
feedback and as well as explain concepts in context.

We are looking for top-notch Java programmers with experience in
Computational Linguistics, to join our team in Montreal.
- Question answering,
- Using large knowledge bases of domain knowledge and common-sense
knowledge in reasoning.
- Word Sense Disambiguation (WSD)
- Co-reference resolution
- Dialog Management and Summarization
- Ontological Engineering
- Cognitive Modelling, emotional state modeling, personality models
- Multi-modal dialogues

Application Deadline:

Email Address for Applications: eugene at northsideinc.com
Contact Information: